[Gluster-devel] This bug hunt just gets weirder...

nicolas prochazka prochazka.nicolas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:26:08 UTC 2009

It seems to be the same problem occur with me ( cf previous report )

----
Hello
I'm using last gluster from git.
I think there's problem with lock server in AFR mode :

Test :
Server A and B in AFR

TEST 1
1 / install A , B  then copie a file to A : synchro to B is perfect
2 / erase all B server and resinstall it   : synchronisation is not
possible. ( nothing is doing )

TEST 2
1 / install A , B  then copie a file to A (gluster mount point)  :
synchro to B is perfect
2 / erase all A : reinstall it :  synchro from B is perfect

Now if a redo TEST 1 , but  in my last volume (volume last) ,  I
inverse brick_10.98.98.1 and 10.98.98.2  in subvolumes, so now it is
10.98.98.1 as lock server for AFR
TEST 1 work  , TEST 2  not .

I think it try to use lock server where file does not exist in a case,
so problem occur.
I try to add 2 lock lock server with
option data-lock-server-count 2
option entry-lock-server-count 2

without success,
i'm trying with 0  , without success.

Client config file ( the same for A and B )

volume brick_10.98.98.1
type protocol/client
option transport-type tcp/client
option transport-timeout 120
option remote-host 10.98.98.1
option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume brick_10.98.98.2
type protocol/client
option transport-type tcp/client
option transport-timeout 120
option remote-host 10.98.98.2
option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume last
type cluster/replicate
subvolumes brick_10.98.98.2 brick_10.98.98.1
option read-subvolume brick_10.98.98.2
option favorite-child brick_10.98.98.2
end-volume

volume iothreads
type performance/io-threads
option thread-count 4
subvolumes last
end-volume

volume io-cache
type performance/io-cache
option cache-size 2048MB             # default is 32MB
option page-size  1MB             #128KB is default option
option cache-timeout 2  # default is 1
subvolumes iothreads
end-volume

volume writebehind
type performance/write-behind
option block-size 256KB # default is 0bytes
option cache-size 512KB
option flush-behind on      # default is 'off'
subvolumes io-cache
end-volume

Server config for A and B  the same execpt for IP

volume brickless
type storage/posix
option directory /mnt/disks/export
end-volume

volume brickthread
type features/posix-locks
option mandatory on          # enables mandatory locking on all files
subvolumes brickless
end-volume

volume brickcache
type performance/io-cache