[Gluster-devel] Files being cut off in the middle

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Jun 24 10:28:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:30:54 +0100, Vidar Hokstad <vidar at hokstad.com>
wrote:
> See below for what I'm currently running. I'm testing without readahead
at
> the moment - I haven't seen it fail with it commented out so far, but
it's
> too early to tell.
>
> Before I added the trace translator the error rate was much higher. After
> added it, it took several hours before it started failing, even though
I've
> excluded almost all the calls.

Sounds like a timing/sync/cleanup issue if adding trace code affects the
frequency of the issue arising.

> I can only reproduce it when I add the server in question to our
production
> cluster, unfortunately - I've tried repeatedly to reproduce it with a
test
> environment, but I'm clearly missing out on some element of the access
> pattern we see in production. I should probably try to replay the
requests
> from our access logs or something.

What version of fuse are you running? I have found a number of heisenbug
issues arising from using mismatched fuse versions, and installing
glusterfs patched fuse (2.7.4glfs11 last time I checked) made most of those
problems go away.

Gordan