[Gluster-devel] Files being cut off in the middle

Vikas Gorur vikas at gluster.com
Wed Jun 24 09:39:35 UTC 2009

----- "Vidar Hokstad" <vidar at hokstad.com> wrote:

> See below for what I'm currently running. I'm testing without
> readahead at
> the moment - I haven't seen it fail with it commented out so far, but
> it's
> too early to tell.
>
> Before I added the trace translator the error rate was much higher.
> After I
> added it, it took several hours before it started failing, even though
> I've
> excluded almost all the calls.
>
> I can only reproduce it when I add the server in question to our
> production
> cluster, unfortunately - I've tried repeatedly to reproduce it with a
> test
> environment, but I'm clearly missing out on some element of the
> access
> pattern we see in production. I should probably try to replay the
> requests
> from our access logs or something.

Thanks for all the info. Could you create a new bug on our Bugzilla
(http://bugs.gluster.com/) and paste the same info there too? That
way we can keep track of the issue if it ever pops up in our testing
and you can get an update when it is resolved.

Thanks,
Vikas
--
Engineer - http://gluster.com/

A: Because it messes up the way people read text.
Q: Why is a top-posting such a bad thing?