[Gluster-devel] Files being cut off in the middle

Vidar Hokstad vidar at hokstad.com
Wed Jun 24 08:45:54 UTC 2009

Hi,
I have a cluster set up with 2.0.1, and when under heavy load I keep getting
files that are getting cut off in the middle (cat [problematic file] on the
client will give different/shorter output than doing the same on the server)
When I unmount and mount the client volume again it works fine for a while,
so I'm suspecting either the io cache or readahead translators. Is this a
known problem?

If it is a known problem is it fixed in 2.0.2 (which don't compile on two of
the machines in the cluster for me for some reason, but the two problematic
ones are really old and messily set up so I'm assuming that's a problem with
their setup - it's kept me from testing 2.0.2 so far, though) or in git?

If it isn't a known problem I'll gather up some more info and do some more
work to try to get a newer version working so I can see if it happens on
2.0.2 or the git version as well.

Vidar