[Gluster-devel] Blocked mounting point, how to resolve

Mateusz Korniak mateusz-lists at ant.gliwice.pl
Wed Jun 24 08:36:26 UTC 2009

Hi,
Simple scenario, server serves directory to client
After some time clinet is not able to dir, df (any I/O operation blocking
forever)

Reset of server glusterfsd does not help, signalling --TERM/  --KILL on client
side glustefs process either,

I am unable to umount:
[matkor at client ~]$ sudo umount /glusterdir
umount: /glusterdir: device is busy
umount: /glusterdir: device is busy

How can I solve it without resetting client?
Thanks in advance for any help.

I am using glusterfs 2.0.0-0.rc1

[matkor at client ~]$ cat /etc/glusterfs/server_simple_volume.vol

volume server_simple_volume
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
  option remote-host 192.168.3.1         # IP address of the remote brick
  option remote-subvolume simple_volume        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

[matkor at server /etc/glusterfs]$ cat glusterfs-server.vol

volume simple_volume
  type storage/posix                   # POSIX FS translator
  option directory /glusterdir
end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type tcp/server     # For TCP/IP transport
  option client-volume-filename /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol
  subvolumes simple_volume
  option auth.ip.simple_volume.allow   127.0.0.1,192.168.3.*,10.10.*
end-volume

[matkor at server /etc/glusterfs]$ cat /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol:

--
Mateusz Korniak