[Gluster-devel] very strange issue with 2.0.1

Steve steeeeeveee at gmx.net
Sat Jun 13 15:13:39 UTC 2009

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 11:19:35 +0530
> Von: Shehjar Tikoo <shehjart at gluster.com>
> An: Steve <steeeeeveee at gmx.net>
> CC: gluster-devel at nongnu.org
> Betreff: Re: [Gluster-devel] very strange issue with 2.0.1

Hello Shehjar

I moved away from GlusterFS. At least for this particular setup. I would have loved to use GlusterFS but it does not work stable enough for me. I had this system prepared for some time and wanted slowly to move users from my old mail server to that new system. On Sunday I had to move users because the old server had a hardware issue. Whole Monday was a mess. GlusterFS was crashing with a such high rate that on Monday after office hours I decided to move everything to NFS. Since then I have no real issue (and I do not have the replication stuff I loved to have).

> There are two things that'll help us very much here:
>
> 1. As request by Vikas earlier, a backtrace from gdb.

I can't produce you that backtrace from GDB. I moved everything away from GlusterFS. I still have the old configuration on the two systems and could try to reproduce the error but maybe I can't. My old tests with just my sitting on the GlusterFS server never where so catastrophic as when I moved around 300 mail domains to run on top of GlusterFS.

> 2. It would also help if you could run the same config minus the
> io-threads over NUFA. We want to determine if the behavior is similar
> to a crash we saw a month ago.

During Monday this week I did remove io-threads and NUFA and things where more stable but still not enough stable. At the end I just had posix locks and AFR. Nothing more and nothing less. But that still did not help to make GlusterFS stable enough for me.

> Thanks
> Shehjar

Steve

> Steve wrote:
> > I have a very strange issue with 2.0.1. I have 2 systems. On each
> > system there is server AND client running. The 2 servers are using
> > serverside afr/replicate and the client on each is connected to a
> > single brick/volume exported on his local server. The client does not
> >  know anything about the other server.

GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und Telefonanschluss