[Gluster-devel] release xlator_ckbs is not invoked?

Raghavendra G raghavendra at gluster.com
Wed Jul 22 17:35:54 UTC 2009

Hi Amin,

please find inlined comments.

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Amin Abbaspour <amin at raysaz.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is my first post in the dev list :)
>
> I wrote a methods to be triggered during release callback and added it
> to xlator_cbks struct in trace.c but this method is not invoked at
> all.
>
> I can see that some other performance xlators such as write-behind and
> read-ahead have similar callback handlers over release but but don't
> know why my method is not called.
>
> Is there any other config required besides setting release variable in
> xlator_cbks struct to my function pointer?
>
> I tried to set two others (releasedir and forget) but they are not
> called either. I suppose editing a file in vim should call release at
> the end. BTW my case is very similar to this issue in FUSE (
> http://www.nabble.com/No-release-callback-after-cp-td23050110.html )
> but I don't think there is any need for such a config in Gluster.

You need to set some context related to trace in fd->ctx. Only xlators who
have stored their contexts in fd, will have their cbks called. You can set
context in fd from trace as,

fd_ctx_set (this, fd, 1);

Generally last argument will be a pointer to structure holding context of
the translator. Here its just a dummy value.

> Thanks for your help,
> Regards,
>
> Amin Abbaspour

Raghavendra G