[Gluster-devel] Tracking File Creations, Modifications, and Deletions

Anand Avati avati at gluster.com
Tue Jul 21 01:16:09 UTC 2009

> The major issue is that (as most of the docs and FAQ indicated) there
> is no reliable mechanism to decide which FOP action is the last one.
> We monitored file system interaction via trace module and noticed
> that the flush action is called several times and release is never invoked
> in many cases.

release() should be called always. If it is not called, then it almost
always is an internal FD leak (a bug). And if you have steps to
reproduce this (release not being called) please do file a bug with
the details. If you have the assurance of release being called on a
file descriptor close, does it attend to all your requirements?

Avati