[Gluster-devel] create Debian / Ubuntu / openSUSE / CentOS / ... packages in one place

Peter Petrov lists at ppetrov.com
Tue Jan 27 14:03:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:57 PM, David Mayr - Hetzner Online AG <
david.mayr at hetzner.de> wrote:

> I already tried to create glusterfs 2.0.0rc1 packages for Debian/Ubuntu,
> but
> had not much success so far as I'm not very familiar with packaging. Maybe
> someone with more packaging experience can help me here.
>
> My Build Service Project can be found here:
>  https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Admayr%3Aglusterfs
> The resulting packages (after successful build) will be here:
>  http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/dmayr:/glusterfs/
>
> If someone can / wants to help me, please tell me either your Build Service
> username so that I can add it for write access to my project or create a
> new
> project for glusterfs inside the Build Service.
>
> I really would like to beta-test the 2.0.0rc1 release on our 250 TB storage
> cluster with DHT and report bugs if there are any.

I have working DEB packages for GlusterFS 2.0.0rc1 in my PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~onestone/+archive

However, I don't recommend them as a base for the official GlusterFS
Debian/Ubuntu packages. I used Debian Unstable's 1.3.12 packages as a
starting point and hacked them a little to get it to work. But the
separation between -client and -server binary packages shouldn't be done the
way it is now (probably it shouldn't exist at all).