[Gluster-devel] Re: Current FUSE requirements to support flock()

David Sickmiller david at careerliaison.com
Sun Jan 18 08:17:49 UTC 2009

Anand Avati wrote:
> yes, the tgid change is needed (present in the glfs patch) for
> glusterfs to work well with mysql (any multithreaded app in general)
>
> avati

Thanks!  I added the tgid change, recompiled the kernel (I'm using Xen,
so modules are a pain), and MySQL starts successfully now.

Should it be safe to roll this change out across lots of servers, or is
it possible that other FUSE clients rely on the pre-patched behavior?
I'm wondering if it would be reasonable to ask my hosting provider to
add this to their standard Xen kernel.

David