[Gluster-devel] Problems with symlinks at storage/posix

Filipe Maia filipe at xray.bmc.uu.se
Fri Jan 16 14:21:56 UTC 2009

Hi,

I tried running unify to replace my current NFS setup for my home
directory but through unify I only saw 333 files on my home, compared
to a couple more than a 1000 using NFS.

After much digging I think i know the problem. In my home directory
there is a link that points to a non-existing file (dangling symlink).
In the posix_setdents the correct symlink is created but then the
chmod right after it fails and setdents exists without creating any of
the others entries on the namespace.
The chmod fails because it tries to chmod the file pointed by the
symlink, which does not exist (it fails with errno=2).

I did some more tests and this can occur even if the symlink points
somewhere as long as the symlink is created before the destination
point.

Attached is a patch proposal that seemed to work in my system. The
patch is against 2.0.0rc1.

Filipe