[Gluster-devel] Problem with Firefox/Mozilla on GlusterFS

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Jan 14 22:55:44 UTC 2009

Anand Avati wrote:
>>  Mozilla's use of SQLite seems to be unreliable on GlusterFS concerns me.
>
> Can you post the log files of the session where Mozilla misbehaved?

Nothing at all appears in the logs. Here's how to re-create the problem
on a Linux box (CentOS 5). Put your home directory on GlusterFS. Fire up
Firefox (I'm using 3.x at the moment, but previous versions did the
exact same thing). Save a couple of bookmarks. Exit Firefox. Check
bookmarks - they won't be there. This doesn't happen when the home
directory is on ext3 of NFS.

Software versions:
glusterfs-2.0.0qa1-1
fuse-2.7.3glfs10-1