[Gluster-devel] patch to add syslog support

Corin Langosch corinl at gmx.de
Wed Jan 14 15:18:16 UTC 2009

Hi all,

as promised here the patch to add syslog support to glusterfs:

done:
- added syslog support
- added cmd line options: --log [file, syslog], --log-syslog-host,
--log-syslog-facility
- removed unused variable gf_log_logfile
- moved some thread-safe stuff out of the mutex section in _gf_log
- updated some files which were directly using gf_log_file to use the
proper gf_log functions
- gf_log_file was renamed and is local to logging.c now to make clear it
should never be used directly
- renamed some function names like gf_log_set_loglevel to
gf_log_set_level to avoid redundancies in names

todo:
- add support for syslog-host option, right now always /dev/log or
127.0.0.1 is used

Please let me know what you think. Unluckily I didn't get any feedback
to my previous patch yet?

Corin