[Gluster-devel] Problem with Firefox/Mozilla on GlusterFS

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Tue Jan 13 18:46:05 UTC 2009

It would appear that Firefox and GlusterFS don't mix too well. Every
once in a while it'll corrupt it's URL history, and it point-blank
refuses to save any bookmarks if the home directory is on GlusterFS.
Bookmarks don't appear to survive restarting Firefox, and the issue is
reproducible every time. It works fine when the home directory is on
ext3 or NFS.

My guess is that it could be a SQLite+GlusterFS issue, but I'm not sure.
This is a bit worrying since I only just got RPM working on GlusterFS by
switching it from BerkeleyDB to SQLite. Has anyone else noticed this?
Can anyone confirm whether this is a GlusterFS, SQLite or Firefox
problem (so I can go and file a bug report elsewhere if it's not a
GlusterFS problem)?

Thanks.

Gordan