[Gluster-devel] io-cache exceeding cache-size value

Dan Parsons dparsons at nyip.net
Tue Feb 24 17:10:16 UTC 2009

I've never had any bloat problems with gluster except with io-cache. Right
now, I have one node where the glusterfs process is taking 6.2GB RAM! with
cache-size set to 3000mb. It's taking so much RAM that it's actually
starting to cache stuff... into swap.
 3888     1 root        0 52.5 6.2g 7790m 1.5g 1056 8274  20   0 -         S
6  12:07 glusterfs

Crazy. As soon as the guy I need to speak to to set up some test jobs comes
in today, I'm going to follow the directions posted previously to figure out
if its a leak or something else.

Dan