[Gluster-devel] replicate data between 2 servers and 1 client

Alain Gonzalez alaingonza at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 11:57:49 UTC 2009

OK. I installed glusterfs-2.0.0rc on servers and client but If I changed
data on Client, data no chaged in two servers. Data changed on server1 only.
I need data changed on two servers when I changed data on client and when I
changed data on server1 or server2, changed data on other server and client.

My configuration:

###server1:
#execution command:  glusterfsd -f
/usr/local/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-server.vol
#file config:

volume brick
    type storage/posix
    option directory /home/export
end-volume

volume server
    type protocol/server
    option transport-type tcp/server
    subvolumes brick
    option auth.ip.brick.allow * # Allow access to brick
end-volume

###server2:
#execution command:  glusterfsd -f
/usr/local/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-server.vol
#file config:

volume brick
    type storage/posix
    option directory /home/export
end-volume

volume server
    type protocol/server
    option transport-type tcp/server
    subvolumes brick
    option auth.ip.brick.allow * # Allow access to brick
end-volume

###client:
#execution command:  glusterfs -f
/usr/local/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol  /mnt/glusterfs
#config file:

volume brick1
    type protocol/client
    option transport-type tcp/client # for TCP/IP transport
    option remote-host 192.168.240.227   # IP address of server1
    option remote-subvolume brick    # name of the remote volume on server1
end-volume

volume brick2
    type protocol/client
    option transport-type tcp/client # for TCP/IP transport
    option remote-host 192.168.240.228   # IP address of server2
    option remote-subvolume brick    # name of the remote volume on server2
end-volume

volume ha
   type cluster/ha
   subvolumes brick1 brick2