[Gluster-devel] Why integrate both client and server into a single executable?

Kirby Zhou kirbyzhou at sohu-rd.com
Mon Feb 2 14:04:15 UTC 2009

Why integrate both client and server into a single executable?

I think it brings a lot of trouble to server operators.

For example:

1.      If client and server runs together on the same node, I don't know
which process should be kill if some bug occurs.

2.      FUSE is not necessary in the server side, but I can not avoid
install FUSE on the server side. It increases the security venture of the
server side.

3.      It increase the file size of the final binary. I want to boot up the
gluster server node from a small USB finger, the size of binary is
important.