[Gluster-devel] CPU usage in AFR

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Thu Dec 24 23:51:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm noticing something that could be considered weird. I have a 3-node
rootfs-on-gluster cluster, and I'm doing a big yum update on one of the
nodes. On that node and one of the other nodes, glusterfsd is using
about 10-15% CPU. But on the 3rd node, glusterfs is using < 0.3% CPU.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the way locking backup and
fail-over is implemented (IIRC there is a master and a backup lock/state
server, rather than replicating this information to all the servers).
Can anyone hazard a guess and confirm or deny the possible cause of this
discrepancy?

Gordan