[Gluster-devel] Upgrading Gluster

Brian Hirt bhirt at mobygames.com
Mon Dec 7 16:45:59 UTC 2009

I have a question about upgrading, but it's not really answered in http://gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/GlusterFS_General_FAQ#Will_GlusterFS_be_upward_compatible.3F

I have a 4 node system, with AFR/Distribute.   Can I shut down the servers one at a time,  upgrade from 2.0.6 to 2.0.8 and restart the node.  After doing this process on all four servers will everything be running okay?

Also, a bit longer term, migrating from 2.x to the soon to be released 3.x branch, will this method work as well?  Once all servers have been upgraded, will they automatically renegotiate to the most recent protocol or does the entire cluster need to be shut down and restarted.

thanks,

brian