[Gluster-devel] FIRST_CHILD(frame->this)->fops->create

Ian Latter ian.latter at midnightcode.org
Tue Aug 11 22:44:34 UTC 2009

Thanks Avati,

  Between all of your email, but the last two
particularly, I believe that my code is already
at this point.

  In addition to the code that I last supplied, I
added an inode table pointer to the top of my
fop->write (I know I don't need to cache it, but
this worked best with my current code);

          this->itable = fd->inode->table;

  The problem is that, as you say, this is a
pruned inode table (as specified by the owner
of that inode table, not me), so there is no
reference to directories that I wish to
manipulate after a glusterfsd restart for
example.

> Using a combination of inode_search(),
> inode_from_path(), inode_path(), -subvol->lookup,
> subvol->mkdir you can "setup" your extra
> directory structures, new files in them etc.

This is a new lead - I'm not familiar with the lookup
call - I will research this, thanks.

  For what its worth, I had no problem with
FIRST_CHILD(this)->fops->mkdir, it didn't seem
to be hung-up on the need for inode references,
though I added these after your help with the
create.