[Gluster-devel] GLUSTER and Databases

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Thu Aug 6 23:27:13 UTC 2009

Dan Farrell wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:27:25 +0100
> Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:
>
>> Either way, it is unlikely that any database performance problems
>> will be solved by a cluster file system.
>
> mysql can cluster, although I don't believe postgreSQL has support

PostgreSQL can cluster, you just have to write your own remote
connectivity functions and triggers to do the replication exactly how
you want it. It's much more flexible and powerful, although as you say,
clustering/replication isn't built in.

Note, however, that I said "cluster file system", not a database cluster.

Gordan