[Gluster-devel] directory lock durning file self-healing

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Mon Aug 3 22:21:28 UTC 2009

Version      : glusterfs 2.0.0git built on Aug  3 2009 16:40:55

If there is a file self-healing in a directory I am no longer able to access
any other files in that directory. Is this normal behavior?

Also, can you be modifying a file (say a xen file) at the same time it is
self-healing? If not, should other files still work with that client during a
self-heal?

Lastly, any way to speed up self-heal with disable-direct-io-mode required for
xen? It lowers the I/O rate to a crawl from ~500 MB/s to ~25 MB/s.

Other then that, things are looking so so much better, this is almost someting
I could put in production!

><>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com