[Gluster-devel] is it a bug? (unify+rr)

Amar Tumballi amar at gluster.com
Sat Aug 1 01:43:18 UTC 2009

'cluster/distribute' is just a symlink to 'cluster/dht', which works on
different design internally compared to 'cluster/unify' which needs a
centralized 'namespace' volume to work. We have noticed that the 'scaling'
is not possible with 'cluster/unify' and have decided to not continue any
more development on cluster/unify design, instead any more enhancement of
glusterfs will happen only on 'cluster/distribute' translator.
-Amar