[Gluster-devel] AFR write speed, ouch!

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Mon Sep 29 13:47:13 UTC 2008

I assume you're using the newly reworked AFR in the 1.4 branch?

The write-behind translator (on the client, at least) and the "o-direct
on" option of storage/posix seem to bring speeds back to something near
the old speeds.  When I tried, they weren't quite stable, but I haven't
tried with the new TLAs from the last week (the last TLA I tried was when
the dht translator was just introduced).  Last I heard, though, the new
AFR still needs a cleanup before it's considered stable.

Thanks,

Brent Nelson
Director of Computing
Dept. of Physics