[Gluster-devel] building on Solaris 10

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Thu Oct 30 06:40:55 UTC 2008

I saw that my earlier documentation was

  bash-3.00# export PATH=$PATH:/opt/sfw/bin:/usr/ccs/bin

but that had problems as 'lex' was looked up instead of flex as it was in
later paths. Try corrected path

  bash-3.00# export PATH=/opt/sfw/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:$PATH

This should work fine. (well, run this command before ./configure)

Regards,
Amar

2008/10/29 rhubbell <rhubbell at ihubbell.com>

> On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 20:28 -0700, Jake Maul wrote:
> > http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_on_Solaris
> >
> > Seems like the server-side should work, but I'd guess the client won't
> > for quite some time, if ever (FUSE). That page states that someone has
> > successfully deployed on Solaris and OpenSolaris...
>
> Hi Jake,
>
> Yeah, I know of all that. I'm building this on Solaris for the
> server-side.
>
> If I type make again after the error it proceeds further along and
> eventually breaks again.
>
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written
> to .libs/glusterfs
>
> The undefined symbols are yyin, yylex, yytext.
>
> So something's amiss in the build environment.
>
> I've installed bison, flex, autoconf, libtool, automake, m4
>
> Anyone have an idea or two?
>

> > Jake
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 9:43 AM, rhubbell <rhubbell at ihubbell.com> wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > Does Gluster run on Solaris 10 reliably? I thought maybe my problems
> > > are due to difference between Solaris and OpenSolaris.
> > >
> > > I tried building and see flex errors.
> > >
> > > flex -t ./spec.1 > spec.lex.c
> > > flex: fatal internal error, exec failed
> > > /bin/bash: line 1: 23898 Broken Pipe flex -t ./spec.1 > spec.lex.c
> > > make[3]: *** [spec.lex.c] Error 141

Amar Tumballi
Gluster/GlusterFS Hacker
[bulde on #gluster/irc.gnu.org]