[Gluster-devel] Weird lock-ups

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Tue Oct 28 23:09:20 UTC 2008

KwangErn Liew wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 9:24 PM, <gordan at bobich.net
> <mailto:gordan at bobich.net>> wrote:
>

>     Is there any way I can provide more meaningful and less anecdotal
>     debug information? The problem I am seeing is very real and
>     reproducible, but not a great deal (of useful things, at least) ends
>     up in the logs.
>

> Start glusterfs with -L DEBUG
>
> Could you also try out the pre-releases of 1.4.x?
> http://ftp.zresearch.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/qa-releases/glusterfs-1.4.0qa42.tar.gz
> is the latest available.
>
> 1.3.x isn't exactly a usable release for AFR anymore.

That's pretty worrying. The "stable" release is unusable for AFR, but
the pre-release is? Isn't that a bit backward? How stable is the
pre-release?

I managed to get it to replicate in the end by not mounting the FS
(client part) on the empty target server and doing head -c1 on all files
on the currently populated server. After that, mounting the client on
the freshly populated server seems to work fine.

Gordan