[Gluster-devel] glusterfs with vservers

Geoff Kassel gkassel at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 21 18:14:04 UTC 2008

I'd like to second this. I've set up GlusterFS successfully between a VM and
its host in the past. The main issue I had was a clock drift issue seemingly
affecting timely network communication between the two.

I found that setting a comparatively very low timer frequency in the VM (i.e.
100Hz versus 1000Hz on the host) seemed to keep the host able to process VM
clock ticks while keeping its own clock up to date.

This was using VMWare. If you're using a different virtualization technology,
this may not apply to you.

Kind regards,

Geoff Kassel.