[Gluster-devel] fuse_mount failed (No such file or directory)

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Fri Nov 21 13:05:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to get gluster mounted very early for use as root fs (chroot
from initrd). But I seem to get the above error in the log, and the FS
doesn't get mounted.

Also tested when booting with init=/bin/bash. The backing store is
there, as is the target directory, but glusterfs just won't mount. No
glusterfs process or mount entry, or any other errors.

The same volume spec file works fine after the machine has booted
normally (into a different spare root FS), and I can use it to mount the
file system.

Any suggestions where I should be looking for the problem? I'm using
glusterfs-1.3.12.

Thanks.

Gordan