[Gluster-devel] File replication

Raghavendra G raghavendra.hg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 04:30:08 UTC 2008

Hi,

The central storage can export a brick for replication to each of the N
servers. Each of the N servers can have afr of a local brick and a brick
exported by the server.

A sample configuration can be,

Central storage,

volume brick-1
    type storage/posix
    option directory /storage/1
end-volume

volume brick-2
   type storage/posix
   option directory /storage/2
end-volume
.
.
.
.
.

volume brick-n
  type storage/posix
  option directory /storage/n
end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type socket
  subvolumes brick-1 brick-2 . . . brick-n
  auth.ip.brick-1.allow <server-1 ip address>
  auth.ip.brick-2.allow <server-2 ip address>
  .
  .
  .
  auth.ip.brick-n.allow <server-n ip address>
end-volume

Each of the server can have glusterfs client as,
volume local-storage
  type storage/posix
  option directory /storage/local/
end-volume

volume client
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type socket
  option remote-host <ip address of Central storage>
  option remote-subvolume <name of the brick exported by the central storage
corresponding to this server>
end-volume

you can experiment with this configuration along with performance
translators.

regards,
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 6:43 AM, Serge Aleynikov <saleyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to this list, and would like to find out if GlusterFS can serve
> the following need.
>
> I have N servers running some services that log to local disk on each
> server and I need the content of these local logs to be replicated in
> "close-to-real-time" to some central storage to be accessible by other
> tools.
>
> Can I use GlusterFS for this purpose?  If so, could you point me to a
> sample configuration setup?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Serge

Raghavendra G