[Gluster-devel] tar ball or svn or some other way to take a src snapshot?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sat Nov 8 13:12:35 UTC 2008

rhubbell wrote:
> Yeah I've looked at blastwave before. Just never used it. I see they
> have packages for tla.

Basically, if we are constrained to use Solaris, we start by installing
the Blastwave bits so we can pkg-add useful things that Solaris omits.

> WHo builds the packages they distribute? I was unable to find any
> details.  It looks like Sun backs them.

I don't know ... I think it is a community effort.

> The tla tar ball I dl'd had issues and wouldn't build.

We have found this to be the case with huge swaths of FOSS software.  As
Dan noted, you might give the Linux direction a serious consideration
... stuff just works there (tla, etc... ).

On that note, I seem to remember that tla is now in maint mode (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_revision_control_software
under Gnu arch).  This might or might not pose a problem for users of it.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com