[Gluster-devel] tar ball or svn or some other way to take a src snapshot?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Nov 6 07:19:48 UTC 2008

rhubbell wrote:
> That was my first thought when I found out sunfreeware had no pre-built
> tla.   I optimistically ruled it out when I thought I could build tla
> on solaris.  But it turns out that trying to build tla on solaris
> is a gift in disguise.  I'm thinking I will look at getting tla
> to build then try gluster again.

The only success we have had with other FOSS tools on Solaris platforms
has been using the Blastwave repository.

If you have a choice on the OS variant of Solaris, I would strongly urge
Nexenta, as building FOSS is quite easy (it is Debian with a Solaris
kernel).  If it has to be pure Sun Solaris, then get the latest version,
and use the blastwave tools to augment your system.  If it is
OpenSolaris, do a similar thing.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO