[Gluster-devel] Glusterfs not mounting correctly during boot under RHEL 5.2

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Nov 5 10:19:17 UTC 2008

Ioannis Aslanidis wrote:

> Gordan Bobic wrote:
>> All sorts of problems still come up regularly, but they get fixed pretty quickly. I suggest you try the current release 1.3.12. It's still not perfect, but it's a lot less buggy than 1.3.8pre6.
>
> Can you point me at the particular fix for my problem in the current
> version? Advising an upgrade without being sure that it will fix the
> problem is not a valid option. Which feature/patch may fix my problem?

I'm not even aware of there being an easily obtainable list of fixes.
You're using beta software, so be prepared for things like this.

>> As an aside, are you sure the rest of the setup is the same (volume specs, firewall rules, etc.). If you are using the same gluster binaries on both, your problem is most likely related to an OS configuration issue. Have you verified that client/server daemons are running? Is fuse module loaded on the client?
>
> I know the problem is probably OS related, this is why I am asking if
> someone experienced this before on RHEL 5.2. The firewall rules look
> fine. Both the client and the server are running.

I'm using RHEL 5.2 (actually CentOS 5.2, but close enough), and I've
experienced various issues with various versions, including all current
ones. But problems generally get fixed reasonably quickly. Keep up with
the version updates and don't use it in production yet.

> The fuse module is definitely loaded on the client after fixing some
> SELinux problems and there are no more SELinux audits that report
> problems, so I am stuck there.

Hmm, I have SELinux completely disabled, but I doubt this is likely to
be a cause of your problems.

Gordan