[Gluster-devel] Hello... stripping and fault tolerant systems...

Victor San Pedro vsanpedro at bioalma.com
Wed May 28 11:49:06 UTC 2008

Hello. I would like to ask you the following question:

Is it possible to use cluster STRIPING to build a fault tolerant system?

For example:

If I have 6 storage servers
I would like to storage my files, all have a big size,  splited in the 6
servers ( I think I can achieve that with the striping cluster)
The goal would be to build a fault tolerant system with this striping
cluster with 6 servers...

In the case a server fail, I could still access to all my files...
Could I managed this aim joining STRIPING with AFR? It is possible to do
that with clusterfs (it seems not to be model spec files of it)?

How could I managed this aim? Any ideas?
What is your opinion about other possible ways of managing a fault
tolerant system using as less space as possible with glusterfs?

Thank you.
Víctor.