[Gluster-devel] glusterfs 1.3.9 - Could not acquire lock "[Errno 38] Function not implemented"

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Tue May 27 23:15:09 UTC 2008

advisory locking and mandatory locking support is present in posix-locks
translator, you need to load it on server spec file...

something like below

volume posix
end-volume

volume plocks
  type features/posix-locks
  subvolumes posix
end-volume

..
..
..
volume server
  type protocol/server
  option auth.ip.plocks.allow *
  subvolumes plocks
end-volume

and from the client connect to 'plocks' volume (using option
remote-subvolume).

Regards,
Amar

PS: I will be updating wiki with fully loaded production system's volume
spec file. So, we can reduce the basic translator positioning mails. Sorry
for not doing it till now.. i am bit lazy

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Mateusz Korniak <
mateusz-lists at ant.gliwice.pl> wrote:

> Hi !
> I am trying to use glusterfs 1.3.9-2 (linux/i686) as general network FS,
> but
> run into problems with bzr which I suspect are file lock related.
> Is it posible to have flocks over glusterfs mount ?
> Do I need glusterfs fuse module for that?
> Do I need use posix-locks translator ?
>
> http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_Translators_v1.3#posix-locks?
>
> I think I need to mimic std linux fs behaviour - advisory locks.
>
> Thanks a lot for that great piece of software, and thanks in advance for
> any
> reply or hint.
>

> [root at appserver-cz abbon2]# bzr info
> bzr: ERROR: Could not acquire lock "[Errno 38] Function not implemented"
> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/lock.py:79: UserWarning: lock on
> <open
> file u'/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/abbon2/.bzr/checkout/dirstate',
> mode 'rb' at 0xf75047b8> not released
> Exception exceptions.IOError: (38, 'Function not implemented') in <bound
> method _fcntl_ReadLock.__del__ of <bzrlib.lock._fcntl_ReadLock object at
> 0xf74f766c>> ignored
> [root at appserver-cz abbon2]# mount
> (...)
> glusterfs on /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/abbon2 type fuse
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,default_permissions,max_read=1048576)
>

> [root at appserver-cz abbon2]# cat /etc/fstab
> (...)
> /etc/glusterfs/gw_ri_abbon2.vol  /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/abbon2
> glusterfs       defaults        0       0
>

> [root at appserver-cz abbon2]# cat /etc/glusterfs/gw_ri_abbon2.vol
> volume local_gw_ri_abbon2
>  type protocol/client
>  option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
>  option remote-host 10.20.1.26         # IP address of the remote brick
>  option remote-subvolume gw_ri_abbon2        # name of the remote volume
> end-volume
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mateusz Korniak