[Gluster-devel] Glusterfs and Xen

nathan at robotics.net nathan at robotics.net
Sat May 24 03:48:20 UTC 2008

I am running glusterfs-1.3.9 on Centos 5.1. The gluster setup is simple
AFR between two boxes and xen is using tap:aio. When I start a domu and
watch the console it dies at:

Registering block device major 202
  xvda:Scanning and configuring dmraid supported devices
Creating root device.

When I move the file off gluster it boots normally:

Registering block device major 202
  xvda: xvda1 xvda2
Scanning and configuring dmraid supported devices
Creating root device.
Mounting root filesystem.
kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
Setting up other filesystems.
Setting up new root fs
{ and so on to a good boot }

I had some problmes with mounting loop file on gluster and found the -d
disable in the list archives. I tried that and now I can mount loop files,
but I still can't get a domu to book on glusterfs. Any ideas?

-Nathan