[Gluster-devel] Setup recommendations - 2 (io-threads)

Thierry EXCOFFIER exco at bat710.univ-lyon1.fr
Fri May 16 07:43:42 UTC 2008

Amar S. Tumballi wrote:
> threads (as specified by the option). But, it doesn't make sense to have
> more threads than number of CPUs available. It works good if the thread
> count is same as number of CPUs you have in server.

With 2 CPU ==> 2 threads.

If the server receives 2 request for data not in its disc cache
the 2 threads will be blocked by the disc access.

And if a third request asks for data that is in the server cache
it will not answer even if it can do it quickly.

Am I wrong ?

With NFS servers, it seems to me that it was recommended to have
4 threads per processor.

Thierry.
--
Thierry.EXCOFFIER@@liris.univ-lyon1.fr//   GO: Oriental Strategy Game
LIRIS/UFR Informatique, bat710       //DYLAN: Programming Language