[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS v1.3.9 Release

Anand Babu Periasamy ab at gnu.org.in
Fri May 16 02:11:09 UTC 2008

already have a working stable setup, you can wait for the 1.3.10
release coming in 2 weeks. We will continue to push updates on
the 1.3 branch every month. 1.4 development has gotten active.

Download: http://gluster.org/download.php

Known Issues:
* AFR race condition: AFR doesn't guarantee atomic writes when
the file is opened in O_APPEND mode. This bug affects files
written in multi-user mode. We are currently working on it.
Fixing this bug requires posix-locks translator to support
multi-domain locking. 1.3.10 will include this bug fix.

Detailed Change Log:
* ib-verbs disconnect hang fix.
* io-cache segfault fix.
* Mac OS X build fix for xcode 3.0 or later.
* BSD compilation failure fixes.
* default timeout reduced to 42 seconds.
* added SND and RCV timeout on sockets, hence the server freezing in
   case of random client disconnect.
* fix in posix-lock  infinite loop incase if afr is used.
* fix symlinks  AFR

Happy Hacking,
--
GlusterFS Team