[Gluster-devel] Client side AFR race conditions?

Derek Price derek at ximbiot.com
Wed May 7 12:34:50 UTC 2008

Kevan Benson wrote:
> The only way I see to ensure data integrity is to have some arbiter vet
> all writes.  You can try to make that arbiter redundant, but good luck
> making it actually distributed.

I've seen the distributed arbiter done in proprietary software, so it
must be possible.  The design is pretty clear to me, but I have no idea
where to start integrating the idea into glusterfs, though gluster's the
closest thing to what I need that I've seen in open source.

Derek
--
Derek R. Price
Solutions Architect