[Gluster-devel] Client side afr, locking, race condition, simultanous writes, out of sync

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Wed May 7 00:29:30 UTC 2008

Ok there are two threads on this and I am trying to wrap my head around it.

So a simple 2 server, 2 client, client side afr setup.

The clients at the SAME time do:

client1 # echo "one" > file.txt
client2 # echo "two" > file.txt

Are the threads regarding this and the conclusion at this point saying
that this is safe or not? Are we going to end up with server1 having
"one" and server2 having "two" or vice versa or the chance of, because
there is no "locking "mechanism" to know that two writes are happening
at the same time?

Should one or the other happen first, I would think either two would
be written on both and then one, or the other way around? Are we
saying this is not true?