[Gluster-devel] Locking Problem?

gordan at bobich.net gordan at bobich.net
Tue May 6 09:31:27 UTC 2008

Hi,

I seem to have run into a problem. I get this in my glusterfs client log:

E [fuse-bridge.c:2360:fuse_setlk_cbk] glusterfs-fuse: 24685: ERR => -1
(38)

This happens when I try to open a file on OpenOffice. OpenOffice fails,
reporting a general input/output error. I've heard of a similar problem
being reported and the work-around is to disable file locking. I've yet to
test whether it works, but the above error in the log seems lock related,
and disabling locking on GlusterFS kills of half of it' usefulness. Have I
run into a bug?

Gordan