[Gluster-devel] Too many open files

Jernej Kos kostko at unimatrix-one.org
Thu Mar 20 20:02:00 UTC 2008

Hi,

fds point only to files. A nightly rsync might have triggered the issue (there
are hundreds of thousands of small files - 50kb on average - in one directory
on the mounted volume), but I am now monitoring file descriptor usage and at
the moment it seems to be holding at around 800. It rises up to 900 and then
drops back to 800, but overall it seems to be slowly increasing.

This is the server glusterfs process and it happens on all nodes
simultaneously.

Best regards,
Jernej Kos.