[Gluster-devel] AFR write completion? AFR read redundancy?

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Mon Mar 3 16:25:49 UTC 2008

> First, I am curious as to the write semantics, when
> does AFR report a write complete?  Does a write have
> to make it to all of the subvolumes or just one before
> it claims a write complete?

AFR waits for completion (either success or failure) from all subvolumes
before returning. If you need one of your subvolumes to be written in
background, you need to load write-behind in that path.

Also, what about reads, does it only read from one
> subvolume?  Is there any way to make it read from all
> subvolumes to check/correct for errors?

it does a read load balancing per file. it does not check/correct errors.

avati