[Gluster-devel] Single-process (server and client) AFR problems

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Wed Jun 18 05:05:31 UTC 2008

Hi Gordan,
 Thanks for this report, the fix for this issue has been done a long back in
1.4.x releases (or mainline--3.0 branch of tla). Currently I have 'replay'd
this patch to mainline--2.5 too. Hence 1.3.10 should include it. (also if
you use tla, the latest patch should be fixing these issues).

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 4:43 AM, <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 May 2008, Krishna Srinivas wrote:
>
>  It is a bug in the way xlators notify UP/DOWN status to other xlators.
>>

> Ah, OK. I thought I was doing something wrong.
>
>  Thanks for notifying it to us :)
>>

> No problem, glad I could help. :)
> Is it likely to make it into release 1.3.10?
>
>  Workaround is having a separate process for "protocol/server" xlator.
>>

> Thanks. I split it all up back to client-side AFR. It works, but I think
> the way I was trying to use it would be more efficient for my setup.
>
> Gordan

Amar Tumballi
Gluster/GlusterFS Hacker
[bulde on #gluster/irc.gnu.org]