[Gluster-devel] Re: cp taking 100% cpu and never terminating

Mickey Mazarick mic at digitaltadpole.com
Tue Jun 17 19:54:29 UTC 2008

Thanks for your help on this. We have been seeing it more frequently
over the tcp interface than we had previously. Also the server and the
client are running on the same system for these tests. Additionally the
current system is running kernel 2.6.24 compiled for x86_64

For the client I see:
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0000003b28fc74ec in epoll_wait () from /lib64/tls/libc.so.6
#1  0x00002b7de22c12ce in sys_epoll_iteration (ctx=0x505010) at epoll.c:188
#2  0x00002b7de22c0a6a in poll_iteration (ctx=0x7) at transport.c:312
#3  0x0000000000402658 in main (argc=-499327176, argv=0x505010) at
glusterfs.c:564

For the cp process, gdb is unable to attach. It hangs at "Attaching to
process 6073"

After I kill the gdb process it reports:
linux-nat.c:1072: internal-error: linux_nat_detach: Assertion `num_lwps
== 1' failed.
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Quit this debugging session? (y or n) n

Email me seperatly if you would like access to the machine. The problem
repeats most of the time when I run a specific script so I can let you
see for yourself.

Thanks!
-Mickey Mazarick