[Gluster-devel] Busybox and Glusterfs

Anand Babu Periasamy ab at gnu.org.in
Sat Jul 26 17:57:53 UTC 2008

Short answer is Not yet.

GlusterFS is relatively easy to fit in an embedded environment. Particularly
server side doesn't even need fuse. BusyBox against glibc should work seamlessly.
uClibc may have issues. If you find any issues with uClibc and if you find uClibc
is compelling enough, we can take a look at it. In my opinion, storage server
environment will have enough resources to use glibc.

We are also planning to release an embedded image of GlusterFS with NFS and Samba
re-export after 1.4 release.

--
Anand Babu Periasamy
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31