[Gluster-devel] exporting a filesystem using tcp and ib-sdp

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Thu Jul 17 00:17:34 UTC 2008

Hi John, yes, it can be done.

your definition of server spec file should be something like..

---------
volume posix
..
end-volume

volume posix-locks
end-volume

volume server-ib
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type ib-sdp/server
  option listen-port 7011
  option auth.ip.posix-locks.allow *
  subvolumes posix-locks
end-volume

volume server-tcp
 type protocol/server
 option transport-type tcp/server
 option listen-port 7021 # notice the different port number
 option auth.ip.posix-locks.allow *
 subvolumes posix-locks
end-volume
-----------

With the above spec file on server side, you need to have client spec file,
something like

----
volume client
  type protocol/client
  option remote-host whichever.server.exports
  option remote-port 7011
  option transport-type ib-sdp/client
  option remote-subvolume posix-locks
end-volume
-------
or
----
volume client
  type protocol/client
  option remote-host whichever.server.exports
  option remote-port 7021
  option transport-type tcp/client
  option remote-subvolume posix-locks
end-volume
-------

(Make sure you use 1.3.10 version for this). [1]

Regards,
Amar

[1] - A mail will be sent about the release notes and further updates of
1.4.x developments by AB soon to the list.

2008/7/16 John Marshall <John.Marshall at ec.gc.ca>:

> Hi,
>
> I have a machine with an interface on an IB network and
> another on a GigE network. Does glusterfs handle exporting
> the same filesystem over two different transports (tcp and
> ib-sdp) at the same time?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Amar Tumballi