[Gluster-devel] name of server provided client config?

John Marshall John.Marshall at ec.gc.ca
Thu Jul 10 15:43:04 UTC 2008

Hi,

Instead of copying the gluster client vol file to all my clients, I am
pulling it from the server. But when I do this, the server is looking
for a file like glusterfs-client.vol.<ipaddr> . Is this expected? Does
it mean that I need to do something like put symlinks to the
glusterfs-client.vol file for all clients ipaddrs?

My glusterfs-server.vol file is below.

Thanks,
John
-----

### Export volume "brick" with the contents of "/home/export" directory.
volume cava_test0
  type storage/posix                   # POSIX FS translator
  option directory /mnt/cava_test0     # Export this directory
end-volume

### Add network serving capability to above brick.
volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type tcp/server     # For TCP/IP transport
  option client-volume-filename /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol
  subvolumes cava_test0
  option auth.ip.cava_test0.allow * # Allow access to volume
end-volume