[Gluster-devel] RSYNC algorithm for AFR while waiting for HA Translator

Jonathan Galentine j.galentine at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 15:58:06 UTC 2008

It occurred to me a few weeks ago that implementing the rsync algorithm for
AFR healing should be a trivial undertaking.  While it would not address HA
completely (which may require transaction journaling of some type for
seamless operation?) it would be a welcome improvement over the whole copy
method of the current AFR translator.  Has anybody looked into this?  I am
just getting started with the source code and this would be a good project
to work on if anybody cares to put the framework in place.  Has there been
any progress on the HA Translator for 1.4 yet? Thoughts?

- Jonathan