[Gluster-devel] gluster config for fileserver

matthew zeier mrz at mozilla.com
Tue Jan 22 21:27:02 UTC 2008

Anand Avati wrote:
> Matthew,
>  Some tips which could possibly help your setup
>
> 1. since most of the access is read-only, and served off web, you might
> want to mount glusterfs with high values of -e and -a (say a few minutes).

How do I integrate those options into the config or into fstab?

My configs are below - this is currently running on
ftp.mozillaonline.com (http & ftp).  Wouldn't mind some hints on knobs
to turn under io-cache and io-threads.

Client config:

volume releases
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client
  option remote-host 10.6.80.5
  option remote-subvolume iothreads
end-volume

volume io-cache
   type performance/io-cache
   option cache-size 2048MB             # default is 32MB
   option page-size 512MB               #128KB is default option
   option priority *:1
   option force-revalidate-timeout 2  # default is 1
   subvolumes releases
end-volume

Server config:
volume releases
  type storage/posix
  option directory /opt/releases.mozilla.org
end-volume

  volume iothreads
    type performance/io-threads
    option thread-count 4  # deault is 1
    option cache-size 32MB #64MB
    subvolumes releases
  end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type tcp/server
  subvolumes releases iothreads
  option auth.ip.releases.allow 10.6.80.*
  option auth.ip.iothreads.allow 10.6.80.*
end-volume

--
matthew zeier | Network Engineer | Mozilla Corp. | (650)903-0800 x219