[Gluster-devel] building rpm off tla

matthew zeier mrz at mozilla.com
Tue Jan 22 04:28:10 UTC 2008

Looks like the first ../configure needs to be without any options
otherwise the rpmbuild fails because the xlators/bindings/*/Makefile.in
are missing.  Same thing with ibverbs even with:

../configure  --disable-ibverbs

and

  rpmbuild -tb glusterfs-1.3.8tla628.tar.gz  --without ibverbs

Which is mostly a problem because RHEL5 has version 1.1.1 and configure
blows up on :

checking for ibv_get_device_list in -libverbs... no
configure: error: libibverbs-1.0.4 is needed to build the ib-verbs
transport. Download it from http://openib.org. You can disable ib-verbs
build by passing --disable-ibverbs to configure.

matthew zeier wrote:

> Anand Avati wrote:
>> I guess you need to slip it into the configure command in
>> glusterfs.spec as well.
>
> Heh, yeah, pushed that into it before doing a 'make dist' but then ended
> up with:
>
> config.status: creating xlators/bindings/python/Makefile
> config.status: error: cannot find input file:
> xlators/bindings/python/Makefile.in
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.55902 (%build)
>
> might just be easier to put python on here :|

matthew zeier | Network Engineer | Mozilla Corp. | (650)903-0800 x219